Sketch of Toronto Skyline

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a sketch of Toronto Skyline from a pic I took. I like the way it turned out. Any disagree, and if so, why?

ejt1ly.jpg

2rr87xz.jpg

Nice. Think I like your photo better. Colors and cloud detail that get lost with the sketch. But over all nice job.

Nice sketch! I think lessening the vignette's intensity somewhat would make it even more successful. Still, overall, lovely effect.

I agree Derrel. Im on the fence about the background. I want the image to look like its printed on parchment but feel the vignette is too strong.

So how exactly was this accomplished?

In both renditions, I'm bothered by the tower being so close to dead center. I'd pan right a bit - doesn't have to be on the 3rd, just more off-center. The vignetting distracts a bit, also.

I very much like #1, especially for the sunlight reflections.

The sketch is pretty neat. It just doesn't have the same "Wow" factor as #1. There is a cluster of very dark cloud that got rendered extra dark and "sticks out" in the upper right. I'd try cloning small sections of that out, perhaps.

WTH, you drew this? Awesome.

edit: is this trace the lines?

Its not trace the lines Anders, its more like determine where the lines should be. While I actually could draw this from a photo, this was done with software.

Very nice. I'm not big on unnatural stuff, but this is clearly well-done, and quite attractive. I do experiment sometimes...$5321590201_5e4cb740ae_z.jpg

Hi, Bynx.

I love your sketch of T.O., right down to the various construction cranes, I think it's awesome.

Hi Barbarian. I see you are branching out. Welcome aboard. You will find more responses here than at the other place.

I really missed seeing your images elsewhere. Good to see them here.

Bynx, you and I have butted heads on many an occasion, but this won't be one of these times.

Toronto's one of my favorite cities. I've probably spent more time there than most Americans. I am competely digging the treatments to both of the images you've posted...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back