Sketch

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DramaDork626, Aug 24, 2005.

1. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Olympus Digital, outdoor, no flash
    My friend Tom, we were sitting behind the mansion on our campus each doing our own forms of art. So, i took a picture of him doing his thing, heh. You can kinda see the drawing, its rather good. Anyway. I thought this to be
    emotive, do you agree? And does it need more contrast?
    [​IMG]

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    the contrast is fine i think, you usually dont want to much contrast for portraits, but in this case it wouldnt hurt it too much to add some contrast. it's seems rather photojournalistic, like it would go in a documentary article or something, which is good in many ways. as for an artistic/tech side of things, there are a couple of little things...the composition is a little point and shootish, and the person on the right and the bag on the bottom left corner detract from the subject. you did capture the actual subject well though, it really shows him concentrated and hard at work. very nice.

3. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    might look cool if you added some grain to it, especially since it appears he's sketching in charcoal.

4. Haygood

Haygood TPF Noob!

I like this photo. i think that the contrast is really good. i don't think you need to do anything to it dealing with the contrast.I think it would help maybe to crop in just a little. I agree with thebeginning on how the other person in the picture destracts the viewers eye.