skiing on meech lake

WimFoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wimfotocards.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pouring rain here today, but the weekend was spectacular.
i posted these to share but if you feel like it you are welcome to cc.

titanski.jpg

i bought these 'titan' ski's used just recently for $15. i think they are from 1973 :lol:, great for off trail skiing.

titanski3.jpg

i have to try this shot again, then with snow flying all around and a more traditional looking pole basket.

Skiice.jpg

not from last weekend and also not on meech lake, but on the gatineau river.

Last edited:
I like #3 only # 1 seems underexposed # 2 the lens flare takes away from the image.

Kinda agree with Provo.

They all could use HDR to get the snow really white and get some details in the background. HDR is of course harder when people are involved unless they are good at holding the pose...

On the other hand, I love your shots. They remind me of when I went skiing in Norway. Huge white snow areas, frozen lakes, peace and quiet. At most, we'd meet one or two other parties in a day of skiing and it was great. Thanks for the reminder.

thanks for the comments. i haven't done hdr yet. i'll have to look into it since i shoot almost 6 months out of the year in snow.

On the other hand, I love your shots. They remind me of when I went skiing in Norway. Huge white snow areas, frozen lakes, peace and quiet. At most, we'd meet one or two other parties in a day of skiing and it was great. Thanks for the reminder.
it's kinda like that here, not that remote as in norway, i am only 30 min. from a north american capital. but still very peace full and sometimes we don't see anyone either.
you were lucky to be in norway, a little different climate that in georgia i imagine.

Long, long time ago but, yes, I was lucky. And if you can find this kind of deal only 30 min. from the capital, why *****?

Fook GA :lmao: Can't wait to be out of here. I love seasons and we only have two here... utterly boring.

I did downhill skiing, including getting dropped off on top of a mountain, but there is nothing nicer than X-country skiing as long as you don't do it in a resort where you ski in tracks :x

Most reactions

New Topics

Back