TCimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tcproimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
349997342_WbDpX-X3.jpg

what lenses are you using and if you would, send me pm with all the details so that we do not clutter up all this, or better yet, point me in the right direction to finding out everything to use to correctly take macros like that!!!

thanks for the comments.

TGaston- It would be easier to help if you ask specific questions. Feel free to PM me. I used the Canon 100mm Macro.

I hate you TC... Go ahead, ask my why... Why? Becuase your shots are always perfect damn it!!!!! lol j/k :)

You mentioned before that you use flash with your macro. Do you always use flash? Even when it's super sunny outside and conditions are perfect? Do you use it as a fill flash at all? Just curious because your shots are always lit up so well.

Yes, I use flash 98% of the time. This is due to the small aperture (f13) needed to get an appropriate DOF when shooting up close. The only time I don't use flash is when I want to experiment with a smaller DOF (F8) to take advantage of natural light. Normally you still have issues with not enough light and you often times need a tripod to get good shutter speeds. You can also bump of the ISO but then you run in to grainy images. Lots of trade offs in photography.

Natural light shots are wonderful when you get it right. No harsh light.

Here is an example of Natural light:
289520201_VYxBo-X3.jpg

^^ that's what I thought. That is a very nice shot! My very first shot with my macro was of a fly, but the depth of field was very small (F5.6). I was amazed that it came out the way it did. But thanks to you, I got my lazy ass of the couch (it was my day off lol) and went out and tried all the tips you've told me before. And it actually worked quite well. I cranked it up to about F11, and used flash. Unfortunately I didn't have my 580ex with me so I used the on-camera flash, and I still don't have a softbox, so you may notice in my photos the light is a bit more harsh than yours. But I finally understand what I'm doing now, again, thanks to you :)

Here's the post:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134569

That's a great start. It took me a long time to get the right combination.

The omnibounce is a great alternative to the Softbox. Also, don't be afraid to adjust the FEC (Flash Exposure Compensation).

Glad I could help you. With a little practice you're shots can look just like mine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back