TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ISO-800
1/60
F2.8
DSCF1692.jpg

I like it, but I'm sure there is SOMETHING that can be improved. :)

Honestly it just looks like a snapshot to me with no real effort or thought of composition being put into it. Everything is too centered.

So if it were you TJ K, what would you do differently?

So if it were you TJ K, what would you do differently?

Not set a skull on the floor and take a shot of it. Background is a big part of the shot and with the textured wall and desk or some sort on the right that is quite distracting. The harsh shadow is also quite unpleasant. I can't really see anything to really make an image of a skull pop but since you're using flash I'm wondering why you would shoot at ISO 800 and f/2.8.

Reading up on how to use flash and learning about exposure should help you out a great amount. Might want to pick up Understanding Exposure. You will probably want to get an umbrella/softbox and take the light off the camera and experiment with that too. Don't center the image. Google the rule of thirds and learn about that too. GL
TJ

I didn't use flash and thats actually my desk with my fish tank stand beside it. haha. But I do understand where your coming from. I do have a lot to learn. Thats why I joined here. And thanks for the C&C.

Edit- And I just remembered that my camera has a special setting to use the rule of thirds. Wow, now I feel like an idiot.

The EXIF data says you did use flash :)

I must agree though, the picture seems underexposed and poorly composed. Try a different background and better lighting. Also, bring down your ISO.

Camera Maker: FUJIFILM
Camera Model: FinePix S1500
Image Date: 2010:02:28 17:48:08
Focal Length: 5.9mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: Yes (Manual, red eye reduction mode)
Color Space: sRGB

I agree with the quick snapshot look. If you want to make the photo about the skull, you might want to try getting in closer in on the skull. That would help cut out some of the background distractions that you have going on as well.

I dont like where the skull is looking, makes my eye follow its gaze away from the skull

The EXIF data says you did use flash :)

I must agree though, the picture seems underexposed and poorly composed. Try a different background and better lighting. Also, bring down your ISO.

Camera Maker: FUJIFILM
Camera Model: FinePix S1500
Image Date: 2010:02:28 17:48:08
Focal Length: 5.9mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: Yes (Manual, red eye reduction mode)
Color Space: sRGB

Thats odd. Because I didn't remember using flash. haha

And big twinky I will try those suggestions for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back