Sky COMPLETELY blown out even with CP =[

-------------

Last edited:
A circular polarizer can darken just the sky, actually. I used that to my advantage a while back. I locked the exposure for my foreground, set the CPL to it's "darkest" setting, then took the photo. The sky turned out looking "normal" (i.e. it was a light blue sky rather than a very dark, vivid blue).

Anyway, what I would recommend is that you shoot in RAW mode. After that, set the exposure as you did previously, but set the exposure compensation to between -2/3 and -1EV. After that, open the image up in Photoshop/Gimp/Paintshop, and adjust the Curves until you're happy.

Best of luck getting that shot!

well of course i can process it to make it look better again, but i was just looking for a way to shoot it properly. here is my edit:

omgawdz.jpg

it's an exaggerated edit. anyway, thanks helping me out guys

I don't know if you guys tried this or not, but I forget which menu it's under but there is a highlight and shadow adjustment tool in Photoshop and you can easily bring back that sky and and completely blown out stuff without effecting the whole picture. It's one of the best things I have found Photoshop to be good for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back