drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
The other night, dueling jet trails.

DSC00126re650.jpg

ooooo......purty...... :D Me like.

I was going to say, crop out some of the top of that sky, but I don't know.... it's quite lovely, as is. :thumbsup:

Used a polarizer which seemed to give it a greenish cast. I corrected for that and possibly added slightly more red than it really had but it's pretty close to the real color. This was zoomed in a relatively small portion of the sky within seconds of the sun setting.

Wonderful colors drdan. Your first one is very captivating with the bright orange glow. It's a shame that you couldn't get a closer shot of the two jets. That would have also been a great shot.

As for your second set, it could just be me but I like the first one more. Although I do like the redish hue on the clouds and sunset in the second one. It's mainly the sky color of the first one I like more. Combining the two would be the ideal solution for me.

This is looking northeast from the same spot about 5 minutes later. This is the north end of a thunderstorm which covered most of the eastern sky. There were lightening flashes deep in the center.

DSC00428re650.jpg

drdan said:
This is same view as the pics above but last night. Very stormy with high winds and intermittant rain, some sleet and snow. No filters or color manipulation at all.

DSC00377re650.jpg

that one is awesome, that could be the central north island here, wow that is fantastic colour and composition drdan!

drdan said:
Nice gradiation and colors on this picture. It looks like someone was smoking around a gas station. :wink: Very dramatic picture you got there drdan.

Super shots Dan. The Friday night sky in Hawaii looked all orange like that. It was the only night we were there that wasn't overcast. Of course, that was the dinner cruise night & guess who walked off & left the camera in the hotel room?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back