Sky Jam

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looked up while on a trail and saw these little guys. These are Concord grapes (I think). Had to shoot the pic overhead. Think this would be better if I would have got more of the grapes in focus?

39239728-L.jpg

Had to access the photo "the hard way" (properties, copy, paste, go to link) for I am getting the red x here, but well, that may be just my computer and the link might work the moment I'll have posted my reply (?)

Anyhow, I like it as it is. It documents nicely what Concord grapes are (or what could be Concord grapes). Personally, I might have cropped the photo so the grape in focus would have moved a bit off centre. (Something I learned on here, so now I tend to use it more often).

Red X for me too... I'm with LaFoto - I like it how it is, the DoF seems just right to me.

Usually I'd agree about cropping too but, if you weren't going for a documentary image about grapes I think I'd keep the background - I like the contrast between the crisp edges and veins of the leaf in the foreground and the soft swirliness of the others in the background. :)

Thank you for taking the time to look at this the hard way!

I just switched to smugmug.com and I'm not sure if it's working...I think I had a setting wrong. Can you see the photo now? Either one?

39239728-L.jpg

I can see it now no problem. It is an interesting shot.. I think it WOULD be better with a little less shallow DOF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back