Slack or plainly inept?

ive got a bussy who calls me to ask crap that you could EASILY look up in google. he just thinks I know everything or he is lazy.

I had to stop awnsering his calls it got so bad.

He was starting to use me like a directory service. But he helped me
to move a 50 gallon aquarium once. so I guess were even those thing are sooooooo heavy ...

I would say use google, its your best friend, if you really cant get the info you need ask, but pick your battles and differienciate between when you want facts and opinions.... lots of questions lost there cause we cant read tone of voice over the net.

unsharp mask... I nearly fell off my chair :lmao:

Another good example of what I was talking about yesterday. Someone asked what a light metre is specifically relating to the book "understanding exposure" and how it works on the camera. I explained the former, described what the metre looks like and what it does, and then pointed him or her to page 43 and 47 of the D40 manual.

This was an acceptable question since the link between the book and the specifics of the camera model are not explained in the camera manual. If the question had been "where is the metre on the camera" I would have been more inclined to reply RTFM page 5!

and I appreciate it.

Ok...sigh, I'm going back to the Beginner section. Can someone tell me the way? :lol:

Is it just me... or there is a lot of "this" happening lately?

We just had a poster post this after asked to search on a very general question:

"Yeah I know theres alot of info on here I just dont have alot of time so its easier for me"

We just had a poster post this after asked to search on a very general question:

"Yeah I know theres alot of info on here I just dont have alot of time so its easier for me"

Clicky Here

We don't neeed no stinkin manuals. Reading the instructions is for wussies. Real Men don't read maps!

Of course, there are people like me who will try to answer questions, and actually read the manuals and online tips and resources. I love to collect maps. (and I don't own a auto GPS yet, except one very old one, for Netstumbling and fooling around.)

I don't let it bother me, except when someone asks "how do I..." and then starts arguing about other ways to do it, or ignores me, and ends up screwing something up. Then I wonder, "why did you ask me, if you are going to argue and not listen!" dumb a$$ :lol:

It would probably be faster reading up rather than waiting for answers. Especially if you ask broad generic questions with ambiguous interpretations.

It would probably be faster reading up rather than waiting for answers. Especially if you ask broad generic questions with ambiguous interpretations.

Are there any other kinds?

Hey Jon,
I have a great automation idea for you. It would save you loads of time at the computer.

Make three scrips:

One that says, "Look it up yourself loser"
One that says, "Didn't you read the rules? BTW-you are a loser"
And another that says, "All you need is a rock, an empty can, and a broken mirror to take great photos. And also, only a loser would ask that question".

LOL.

But hey. Folks.
Ask yourselves what internet forums are there for?
Why do photography forums exist?
For whom were they made?

Like this one.
A very general one.
Not directed at any special group, like pros-only, or Canon-users only, or Nikon-users only, or Olympus-users only.

Why are they there?
In order to tell new people to the hobby to best go away again and look somewhere else?

Even I once asked the much dreaded question "What is HDR". Here. On this very TPF. I am lucky I asked MY question before you were here, but I once was new, too, and HDR was new to me, as well, and I did not know the meaning of the abbreviation. And I COULD have used the SEARCH tool, or I could have googled it and got 12.000 articles with HDR mentioned once and I could and could and could --- and didn't. I simply asked HERE. Because that is what internet forums are there for.

Aren't they?

Yes, LaFoto, that's exactly the purpose.
So many people forget that.
And they also conveniently forget that they too were once nooobeees.

I think that's called delegation... :lol:

I don't know about anyone else around here, but my time is valuable to me. If I have a question, I ask it.

Most reactions

Back