sleazy new york camera shops

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Ever see in the back of camera mags, all the camera stores with great offers? Some one from new york went around and took pics of all the shops. Very scary.
Next time you see a deal too good to pass up, think about the piece of mind over the saved $100, with going with a big place like B&H or something similar.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Doug Raflik

wxnut said:
Next time you see a deal too good to pass up, think about the piece of mind over the saved $100, with going with a big place like B&H or something similar.
absolutely!

im always a bit warey (sp) when i buy online because of places like that.

why is there a victorian man walking past on photo 202 A&M Photo World LLC?

JohnMF said:
why is there a victorian man walking past on photo 202 A&M Photo World LLC?

I am going to guess you have never been to NYC. It is Brooklyn, you know. ;)
During my last large purchase I was looking online at some of these places and the horror stories I heard were really bad so I decided to walk in to B&H and was totally happy with the professional help and gear they had:thumbup:

They give you a choice on the grey market stuff where with a lot of these places that is all they sell.

I just bought my 20d from Newegg because I knew I could trust them. They don't have many choices in lenses so I had to buy that elseware. At $1,248 US plus $100 rebate for the body the only places I found that had it cheaper seemed kinda shady.

I guess if you know what you're doing these cheaper places can be a good deal. Thats why as a noob I didn't buy what I was offered in Chinatown, San Francisco.

Definition

Doing Business As. A formal notice that an individual, company or organization is conducting business under a different name. Often used in contracts.

There are plenty of legitimate companies that use this.

To be honest.. if they are an online retailer what does it matter what their storefront/warehouse looks like out front? If they have tons of good reviews and no bad ones why not use them? Now if it is a place with tons of bad reviews..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back