Sleeping

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by sillyphaunt, Dec 15, 2004.

1. sillyphaunt

sillyphaunt TPF Noob!

I took this one tonite of my daughter sleeping. The light was coming from the other room. I am total amateur at shutter speeds, etc, and I held the camera as still as I could (no tripod yet :cry: ).

I can't decide if I like this shot or not. Its so grainy, and I dont know how to avoid that. Any thoughts? Is this any good or no? Does it appeal to anyone?

[​IMG]

2. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

Appeals to me becasue the white balance has ended up so golden and warm which I reckon really suits a baby shot.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

The golden light has a little merit. With all due respect; I am not sure if the baby is dead or alive. The crib kind of resembles a jail cell.

4. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It is very difficult to photograph babies. Most of the time they just come out looking like family photos. However, this is a cute shot. I have several of my children some better than others. In my experience I get one good shot for every 100 or so I take of them. Good meaning something more than just a family photo (Not that family photos are bad - I have millions!).

5. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I think it's a fun shot, but for critique purposes it looks fuzzy to me. Maybe a bit out of focus. Also I think it's really cute how the baby is sleeping, but you cut off the back of him/or her. Wish the whole thing was in frame. Also maybe just a tight close up of the face would have been good, because the lighting is pretty interesting. I would have liked to seen more of the face. But as said, for a family photo it's very cute!!!

6. sillyphaunt

sillyphaunt TPF Noob!

Thank you for the comments.

Craig yours made me laugh :lol:

I do wish I could have gotten a closeup of her face, but the stinker shifted positions before I could. I think the out of focus is because I"m not good at holding the camera still for long exposures. :lol:

7. Saeid

Saeid TPF Noob!

Ok is it me or is do i see movement?
    I presume its low light conditions, thus the aperature is on large, and the shutter speed is on low, therefore it can capture ur hand movements.

I suggest a tripod, faster film, or/and turn up the lights in the room for afew secs to take the shot. :)