Sleeping

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
I took this one tonite of my daughter sleeping. The light was coming from the other room. I am total amateur at shutter speeds, etc, and I held the camera as still as I could (no tripod yet :cry: ).

I can't decide if I like this shot or not. Its so grainy, and I dont know how to avoid that. Any thoughts? Is this any good or no? Does it appeal to anyone?

sleep.jpg

It is very difficult to photograph babies. Most of the time they just come out looking like family photos. However, this is a cute shot. I have several of my children some better than others. In my experience I get one good shot for every 100 or so I take of them. Good meaning something more than just a family photo (Not that family photos are bad - I have millions!).

I think it's a fun shot, but for critique purposes it looks fuzzy to me. Maybe a bit out of focus. Also I think it's really cute how the baby is sleeping, but you cut off the back of him/or her. Wish the whole thing was in frame. Also maybe just a tight close up of the face would have been good, because the lighting is pretty interesting. I would have liked to seen more of the face. But as said, for a family photo it's very cute!!!

Thank you for the comments.

Craig yours made me laugh :lol:

I do wish I could have gotten a closeup of her face, but the stinker shifted positions before I could. I think the out of focus is because I"m not good at holding the camera still for long exposures. :lol:

Ok is it me or is do i see movement?
I presume its low light conditions, thus the aperature is on large, and the shutter speed is on low, therefore it can capture ur hand movements.

I suggest a tripod, faster film, or/and turn up the lights in the room for afew secs to take the shot. :)

Most reactions

Back