Sleepy cats!

Robstar1619

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Again the condition for taking pics was very bad and the light was bad aswell.
leop3.jpg

leop1.jpg

Its a shame about the blurr you are getting - I wonder what your aperture, ISO and shutter speed are - if you are handholding you might be shooting too slow. If you find you need to try getting a monopod or tripod for some support so you can use a slower shutter speed.

Further I think you can get some more light into these shots - as you have no grey sky you can do a bit ;
First stage is a curves edit - you want to raise the line across the whole photo to boost the light - something like this:
photo.jpg

Then I would adjust the temperature of the shot by boosting it into the reds by a very small amount - then contrast this increase with a decrease (also very small) in the tint of the shot - that will remove some of the artificial reddyness of the shot and leave you with a sunny appearance.

Finally I boosted saturation in the shot to get some more vibrance into the colours.
Of course you can play around with other settings - light the brightness - to get more light.

your profile does not say not to edit your shots - so here is a quick example I did of yours - if this is a problem say so and I will take down the photo:
leop3.jpg

Wow..thats awsome..many thanks for that:thumbup:
What program is this?...i must admitt that iam very bad at editing pics:blushing:..so thats why i try to avoid it.
All the pics i have taken was handheld cam.
I can find the settings if you want them.
And yes anybody can edit my pics...as long as they dont copy and use them on other sites.
Many thanks..apreciate it a lot.

This was done in photoshop elements 6 - its all I have for editing and its powerfull enough for most work!
Much of editing is just playing around as you learn - though look up levels (I think you have done a levels edit already) curves, sharpening, noise removal and you will start to get a better hang of things

And as I have saved your shot I just realised I have the exif here now -- ahem
shutter speed is 1/8sec, aperture f4.2, ISO 200.
generally its not advisable to go under 1/60sec when hand holding a shot - and with lenes its often best to keep shutter speed as 1/focal length - so say you were using a 300mm lens your min shutter speed should be 1/300sec.
I think in this case boost ISO to 400 to get the shutterspeed up - granted you get more noise, but wildlife needs a good shutter speed as does handheld. Your aperture is fine

Thanks again.
I did do some edit on the pic because it was rather dark.
I dont have any PS programs at all..i only use the photofiltre.
I have a tripod but didn't have it with me when i went for holls to Prague.
Thanks again..i will try some of those settings you said:thumbup:
Btw..the lens i used was the 18-200mm.

Idealy then you don't want to shoot under 1/200sec shutterspeed - boost the ISO :)

Okey..thanks a lot my friend.

Btw..i did try with flash but the pic came out washed!!..not a good pic at all.

try a few folds of toilet paper (the soft white sort) and also some elasticbands - use the bands to hold the toilet paper infront of the flash and try again - it acts light a diffuser and breaks up the light - very good for when all you have is the popup :)

Thanks.
I have used paper tissues before so it works..I didn't think of using something like that at the time.
I have to get myself some PS program i belive.

That or you could try GIMP - its freeware so you just download and use - totally free and legal. Some around here use it and most photoediting software is based on the same basic operating criteria - though I admit I have never used GIMP myself

I think i have tried it and it was to complicated for me:blushing:
I will see what i will find.
Many thanks for your help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back