Sleepy Hollow Farm, VT

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Perhaps the most photographed farm in VT. Been wanting to get up to this place for a while - and it was worth the wait!

IMG_0091.JPG

Looks like the foliage is a little further along there than here. Beautiful photo.

Thanks! VT had a lot of bare trees mixed in with the color. There’s a fungus this year affecting the maples in the Northeast that caused the leaves to turn brown and fall off late summer. Tar spot I think it’s called? That turned it into a weird foliage season with many areas still very green and others already stripped. Without the maples that deep red is missing. Here in Boston we haven’t hit peak yet but the maples are mostly bare.

Nice! We have a mixture of color, green and bare:ambivalence:

Lovely image!

Beautiful

Thanks!

That is beautiful. I like how you used the road to frame the bottom and as a leading line. The branch is the upper left is a bit distracting. If you go back take a chainsaw.

Thanks! Yeah that branch was driving me nuts. There was no way to work around it while shooting and still get that particular angle of the curved drive. Lots of private property signs and pretty high tech security gate and cameras at the top of the drive. You can't see it in the photo but there was a very big drop off between me (on the main road) and the private drive and I was on a pretty steep incline so could not move forward. Zooming in lost the curve of the drive. Just outside camera at the bottom right was the security gate that I didn't want to go near. Obviously they are not happy to be such a popular photo op. There were several photographers there with tripods and there is no where to park so everyone was just pulled to the side of the pretty narrow road. One guy had his tripod right in the middle of the road at one point. Can't blame them for wanting everyone to keep off their property and we tried to be respectful of that.

I tried removing the branch in post but it's too complicated with all the small branches and the many different trees in the background. Way beyond my skill level. If anyone wants to give it a try, feel free!

I have a few other angles of the farm that I'm going to try to download and post later today.

Lovely image!

Thanks!

For anyone looking on a monitor not a phone or iPad, does this photo appear really red? I uploaded it directly from my iPad and it looks warm but when I'm viewing it today on my pc monitor (which is calibrated) it looks so much more red. Using the Affinity app and editing from RAW photos on my iPad so if the colors are off a bit and I need to compensate for that going forward, I will. Let me know what you think please.

Beautiful

Thanks!

That is beautiful. I like how you used the road to frame the bottom and as a leading line. The branch is the upper left is a bit distracting. If you go back take a chainsaw.

Thanks! Yeah that branch was driving me nuts. There was no way to work around it while shooting and still get that particular angle of the curved drive. Lots of private property signs and pretty high tech security gate and cameras at the top of the drive. You can't see it in the photo but there was a very big drop off between me (on the main road) and the private drive and I was on a pretty steep incline so could not move forward. Zooming in lost the curve of the drive. Just outside camera at the bottom right was the security gate that I didn't want to go near. Obviously they are not happy to be such a popular photo op. There were several photographers there with tripods and there is no where to park so everyone was just pulled to the side of the pretty narrow road. One guy had his tripod right in the middle of the road at one point. Can't blame them for wanting everyone to keep off their property and we tried to be respectful of that.

I tried removing the branch in post but it's too complicated with all the small branches and the many different trees in the background. Way beyond my skill level. If anyone wants to give it a try, feel free!

I have a few other angles of the farm that I'm going to try to download and post later today.

Lovely image!

Thanks!

For anyone looking on a monitor not a phone or iPad, does this photo appear really red? I uploaded it directly from my iPad and it looks warm but when I'm viewing it today on my pc monitor (which is calibrated) it looks so much more red. Using the Affinity app and editing from RAW photos on my iPad so if the colors are off a bit and I need to compensate for that going forward, I will. Let me know what you think please.

It sounds like the owners need to charge admission.

I don’t know if it was windy at all or if you could get that branch to move even a little, but if you could, you could do a photo stack to remove it.

I want to live here....great !!

That's beautiful. Doesn't look too red on my computer.

Beautiful

Thanks!

Lovely image!

Thanks!

It sounds like the owners need to charge admission.

I don’t know if it was windy at all or if you could get that branch to move even a little, but if you could, you could do a photo stack to remove it.

It wasn't windy. I have a few slightly different angles that I may be able to use. Will look at it this weekend. Haven't had a chance to review all the photos I took yet.

I want to live here....great !!

I would love to live there too! And though it seems pretty remote, it was only a few minutes drive from Woodstock which is a really pretty little artsy type of "village".

That's beautiful. Doesn't look too red on my computer.

Thanks. I recalibrated my monitor this morning and it looks much better now!

Reactions: Sil
Great job, given all the restrictions and, apparently, the crowd. :lol: FWIW, the branch really isn't bothering me all that much. It's so small it's not really intruding on the scene itself and, since the eye can easily look beyond, it becomes a small bit of framing for the shot.

Postcard pretty - though I do bet the residents get tired of seeing the crowd on the road every autumn! The trade-off of living in such a perfect New England scene.

Beautiful shot!

Thanks Nancy!

Great job, given all the restrictions and, apparently, the crowd. :lol: FWIW, the branch really isn't bothering me all that much. It's so small it's not really intruding on the scene itself and, since the eye can easily look beyond, it becomes a small bit of framing for the shot.

Postcard pretty - though I do bet the residents get tired of seeing the crowd on the road every autumn! The trade-off of living in such a perfect New England scene.

Thanks Terri!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back