Sleepy Zoe... first post

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by faithe, Jul 19, 2004.

1. faithe

faithe TPF Noob!

My cat Zoe. She's very dark and it's hard to capture any transitions in her fur. She's gotten good about letting me near her with the camera... as long as the flash is off. :)

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome!

[​IMG]

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think you've done a nice job here. I used to have a black cat and they can be very difficult to photography. It does bother that part of the ear is missing. Don't know why because I am notorius for cropping out part of people's heads!

3. faithe

faithe TPF Noob!

AlisonS,

LOL! I'm terrible about cropping out people's heads as well. I really wanted her face to dominate the picture. Her eyes are very light and it's difficult to get any definition or detail unless you get very close. So she's got the dark fur and light eyes. :) Been quite a challenge.

But I'll definitely try to get her ear in the pic next time.

Thanks for the post.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Black fur is usually hard to get a good photo of. Especially if you want anything else in the photo to show up.

If find that if you underexpose by a stop or two it helps. If you are shooting print film, the operator makes a difference as well.

This shot is fairly well exposed but I think a little more fur detail would make it better.

5. faithe

faithe TPF Noob!

Big Mike,

I'll try that next time. I usually try to shoot more for depth-of-field and a fast shutter speed because animals move so quickly.

When I took this I didn't even know how to use the exposure compensation. So thank you for mentioning it! I needed to be reminded.