Slide Show

bakstreet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a way through photoshop to create a slide show you could give your clients and have the images locked where there is no way to copy them? Maybe not through photoshop but someother way? I'd like to give a disc out with a slideshow of proofs but I don't want someone just to copy and paste the images and print them.

I don't think photoshop can do that but you may want to try adobe premier or a roxio program that is more set up to do slide shows

Any image that can be seen on your computer screen can also be very easily captured and reused/printed/retouched/stolen/whatever. There's no way to prevent that.

You could use a free tool to turn your photos into a video slide show in order to make it slightly more difficult to steal your images. Windows MovieMaker (free) will do this, if you're on Windows (although it won't create a controllable, interactive slide show -- just a movie, basically). I'm sure Apple also has a free program as well. The downside is that these movies may not have the quality needed for client proofs.

Probably the best way to keep your proofs from being stolen is to add a watermark.

So, if you give your proofs out on a disk do you just watermark them or do put them together in a slideshow and give them to your clients?

Any image that can be seen on your computer screen can also be very easily captured and reused/printed/retouched/stolen/whatever. There's no way to prevent that.

You could use a free tool to turn your photos into a video slide show in order to make it slightly more difficult to steal your images. Windows MovieMaker (free) will do this, if you're on Windows (although it won't create a controllable, interactive slide show -- just a movie, basically). I'm sure Apple also has a free program as well. The downside is that these movies may not have the quality needed for client proofs.

Probably the best way to keep your proofs from being stolen is to add a watermark.
To get the best results from a slide show, render the slide show at the highest quality setting. Programs such as Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier produce much higher quality slide shows than Windows Movie Maker. If you make a slide show one sometimes unavoidable problem is that certain televisions will crop part of the proof images in your slide show. This is why movie editing programs have what they call a "safe overlay area". It allows you to see what part of your image may not be viewable.
As far as watermarks, they do help prevent a non pro from stealing your images. However a good professional can clone out a watermark in a few minutes if they really want the image bad enough.
Screen captures from slide shows are generally low quality. But I would still add a watermark as a precaution also.

Most reactions

Back