Slideshow

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I dont know if this is the appropriate section or not so I'm sorry if I'm wrong and feel free to move it.

I'm looking for a program to make a slideshow with my pictures from Mexico.
I would like to have music and be able to watch it on tv.

I just spent a couple hours playing with a program from nero. When I made the slideshow full screen alot of the pictures are way too blurry. The files are big so I don't know what it's problem is!!

Anyone know of any good programs? Anything with a free trial? I hate getting programs only to find out it's not what I want :er:

Thanx in advance.

you might want to try pinnacle's video editing program. Its easy drag-n-drop movie creator. ( i use it to create movies that are like slideshows with music, transitions...ect..)

Or if you have powerpoint you could do it in there. :)

if you are on a mac the imovie works quite well. i mean, it is not the best but considering it is free...its good.

otherwise i am not too sure.

Nero should work, it's a decent program.

Maybe the problem was that your files were too big, and it was taking too long for the program to display them properly.

You don't need huge images for a slide show, especially when it's meant to be viewed on a TV. I just made a slide show of a wedding I shot and I used the 'for web' images that had been resized and compressed...it looked fine on TV.

I used a program that was part of a 'Sonic' package that came with my Sony MP3 player. It's actually pretty limited but it allowed me to add photos and music to make a DVD sideshow.

i use ProShow Gold. it costs $70 but i think it does a trial version too.
Like Big mike says images can be reduced from full size and should still look good on a tv. I normally reduce mine to around 1200x800 or 1600x1200.
ProShowGold has loads of transitions to choose from so you can vary how one image is replaced by the next. Adding music is easy and you can even split it into chapters and have a front end menu like a DVD you'd by in the shops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back