Slightly Confusing

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At 109 degrees fahrenheit in the Paradise Springs Valley things become slightly confusing.
780w-e25-26.jpg

Oh my ... beautiful! Too bad it's so cold out there :)

Oh my ... beautiful! Too bad it's so cold out there :)

Thanks. I thought I'd hear that from that direction.

A few years ago I was in Phoenix at the beginning and end of July. Very hot. But I got to say I love the subtle sense of humor. The weather reports were something like, temp, 120 - feels like, 119. I think it's great that the wind chill factor is calc'ed in there. Sure cheered me up. Usually anything over 115, I'm very aware of my mortality.

once again I am breathless.....great work.

Thank you. :)

Thanks. I thought I'd hear that from that direction.

A few years ago I was in Phoenix at the beginning and end of July. Very hot. But I got to say I love the subtle sense of humor. The weather reports were something like, temp, 120 - feels like, 119. I think it's great that the wind chill factor is calc'ed in there. Sure cheered me up. Usually anything over 115, I'm very aware of my mortality.

Thank you. :)

But it's a dry heat :)

Well, it's not all that dry in July.

Phoenix averages ten days per year above 110 degrees. We blew past that average in late June with something like thirteen or fourteen straight days. The longer I live here, the harder the summer heat is to take.

But we're frontier people. We tough it out.

Well, it's not all that dry in July.

Phoenix averages ten days per year above 110 degrees. We blew past that average in late June with something like thirteen or fourteen straight days. The longer I live here, the harder the summer heat is to take.

But we're frontier people. We tough it out.

Funny, that's what I said before I moved here from back east 9 years ago -- the longer I live here, the harder the ice and snow is to take ...

I'm not even sure what to make of it. I get lost in the simplicity of the background, and even more lost in the complexity of the foreground.

Excellent work.

Thanks everyone!

I haven't had a chance to respond to comments like I should as things have been slightly confusing lately :)

I haven't been able to produce shots I like with single exposures so I went with HDR on this. 3 shots, right as the sun was setting on this outcropping.

Trying to get up to this formation was an ordeal. As I mentioned it was indecently hot and about a half mile from the cabin in the remote Paradise Valley where we were going to stay. There is no shade between the cabin and this spot.

Anyway, from about a quarter mile away I noticed this, 'interesting looking outcropping.' Most stories of gold mines, both lost and magnificent have that phrase located somewhere in the first paragraph. So I had to have a picture of it.

When it gets really, really hot- I tend to lose perception of distance. Depth just goes a bit whacky on me and I like to try to include that feeling/perception in my photos. I tried to illustrate this in the photo. The mountain peak with the shadow in the bowl is over three miles away. I tried to distort/compress that by not including any midground between the outcropping and the base of the little mountain.

Thanks again for commenting.

Most reactions

Back