Sling Backpack for 4/3rds Question

Hermes1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in the process of switching to a micro 4/3rds system and I am considering a sling style backpack to hold and carry my gear. I am a huge fan of LowePro as every time I have needed a bag for my previous gear over the years, I have always found that Lowe Pro has served me well. So I while I am leaning in that direction, I would like to hear other suggestions, particularly if those who have had experience with LowePro and others. My question is what size suggestions folks may have, I want to keep it as small as possible to accommodate my gear. I now have an Olympus OM-D E-M1 and will expect to have 5, maybe 6 prime lenses when all is said and done. One of the 5-6 lenses I am likely to purchase is the Olympus 300mm telephoto. Thank you.

I use a Vanguard Adapter 45. I Absolutely love it. Can be used as a backpack or sling. Has side access for quick camera release. It currently holds my EM5 Mark ii, 17mm, 14-150mm, 75-300mm and 60mm macro lenses with there hoods. And still have room for cables , chargers, filters and more. You can also strap a tripod to it. You may think it must be huge but its not. It can easily keep the 75-300mm on camera for quick release. As a bonus for me there is a slot in the back used to store one of the shoulder straps, if used in sling configuration, that just fits my XPS 13" laptop. Its a all-in-one for travelling for me, whether to another country or just a hike.

Vanguard ADAPTOR BACKPACK/SLING BAG - MEDIUM ADAPTOR 45 B&H

I can't read it with everything underlined, trying to put me into a seizure?

I use a Vanguard Adapter 45. I Absolutely love it. Can be used as a backpack or sling. Has side access for quick camera release. It currently holds my EM5 Mark ii, 17mm, 14-150mm, 75-300mm and 60mm macro lenses with there hoods. And still have room for cables , chargers, filters and more. You can also strap a tripod to it. You may think it must be huge but its not. It can easily keep the 75-300mm on camera for quick release. As a bonus for me there is a slot in the back used to store one of the shoulder straps, if used in sling configuration, that just fits my XPS 13" laptop. Its a all-in-one for travelling for me, whether to another country or just a hike.

Vanguard ADAPTOR BACKPACK/SLING BAG - MEDIUM ADAPTOR 45 B&H
Thank you for the suggestion, appreciate it. I will have a look.

I can't read it with everything underlined, trying to put me into a seizure?
Sorry about that for some reason when I created this post it included the underlining, I did not see a text editor where I could remove it. Still a nooby on this site and learning my way around.

Lowepro Slingshot AW 102 all the way, all day!
I own and use the Slingshot AW 302 because I have two 2.8 Nikkor zooms and they're heavy. I sold my bag once, and lived to regret it, so I bought another one.

I own and use the Slingshot AW 302 because I have two 2.8 Nikkor zooms and they're heavy. I sold my bag once, and lived to regret it, so I bought another one.

Thank you, as mentioned in my query, I have been well served by Lowepro and the AW102 is one I am looking at. I am hoping for the smallest bag that will accommodate my Olympus 4/3rds and the 5-6 prime lenses I anticipate. Your reply seems to suggest it might work for me.

Thank you, as mentioned in my query, I have been well served by Lowepro and the AW102 is one I am looking at. I am hoping for the smallest bag that will accommodate my Olympus 4/3rds and the 5-6 prime lenses I anticipate. Your reply seems to suggest it might work for me.

You share the same problem that I have.. summer heat! My slingshot doesn't kill me in the 100+ summer heat, when you gotta be out there in it.

You share the same problem that I have.. summer heat! My slingshot doesn't kill me in the 100+ summer heat, when you gotta be out there in it.
Yes the summer heat and I am not 20 years old any longer and we hike a lot so I am looking to keep my gear as small and light as possible. Having said that I am now trying to decide between the AW102 & the AW202. Thanks for your valuable input.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back