DaNky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_0658.jpg

Now you see me...
IMG_0650.jpg

The photo that started it all.
IMG_0678.jpg

My friend and I have matching shirts, hats and glasses...Why? Cause we rock.
IMG_0675.jpg

Lighter + Cell phone clock light

I just took these today/night. I like my camera.

I wonder how you can make yourself appear in the photo "as a ghost" and disappear from it again without being blurred?
I do see how the last ones are done, but don't know about the first!

Simple...Just think of how it 'works'. With an extra long shutter speed, there is so muuch going on in the frame, it can't all show up. But if you notice, things that sit still show up more clear and defined. So just put that in to practice. I sat there for a good portion of the 15 second shutter, then simply ducked out of frame for the remainder of it, or did whatever.

DaNky said:
I sat there for a good portion of the 15 second shutter, then simply ducked out of frame for the remainder of it, or did whatever.

I must try that myself then!
The thing that surprises me is that the very process of "ducking out" does not result in blur! But I will test this. Was the room "your ghost" is in really dark?

Sweet pictures...You've GOT to post that avatar. It looks great. :thumbup:

LaFoto said:
I must try that myself then!
The thing that surprises me is that the very process of "ducking out" does not result in blur! But I will test this. Was the room "your ghost" is in really dark?

It was the middle of the day when I took the photo; but my blinds were partly closed.

Here's one I took at night(i.e. my avatar...As requested!) using nothing more than a lighter. Now this picture was in complete darkness.
IMG_0693.jpg

Most reactions

Back