Slow cooking, new tech for old style

Yeah, that's the problem, once a hairline crack forms, the structural integrity is gone. Sometimes the crack is too fine to be visible even.

I shouldn't have to worry with stainless steel

I have only broken one crock, (on purpose). It was the one we got for our wedding. The original crock pots didn't have removable crocks. What a Crock (pun intended) They were a pain in the butt to wash since they couldn't be immersed. Soapy hands, slippery crock and a bad attitude all combined for it to "slip" from my fingers onto the tile floor. "Oops" clumsy me.

By that time they had removable crocks. :boogie:
Now I spray with oven cleaner, stick the lid on, and walk away until morning. Way easier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Crock Pot didn't like that idea either. Something about melting all that plastic like handles, feet etc. Needless to say the little woman didn't like the idea of melting the thing in the oven either. Women can be sooooo picky sometimes. Of course now it is a different story. Works great doesn't it.

It also works great each fall for the stainless steel grill racks. Put them in the oven turn it on for an over cleaning, pull them out 7 hours later and wipe them down. Clean as a whistle.

Last edited:
Online reviews are pretty much worthless. People very seldom report good experiences, this leaves only bad ones.

In the past we could only imagine that there would be a handful of bad experiences, you know, maybe a few hundred out of several thousand units - in reality, it's more tens of thousands out of millions. It's always been this way, only now we're reading thousands of first-hand accounts of product failure.

One example is the Playstation 4 "blue flash of death". If you look this up online you'd imagine that the majority of PS4s had this problem. In reality, it only affected around 4% of units (including mine before I replaced it).

My advise is instead of looking at the specific reports to rather look at the number of reports. If there is one unit that has significantly more negative reviews than another, go with that. Well. Unless those reviews are "caught on fire" then maybe.

Wow, 33 posts on a crock pot in a photo forum. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Online reviews are pretty much worthless. People very seldom report good experiences, this leaves only bad ones.

In the past we could only imagine that there would be a handful of bad experiences, you know, maybe a few hundred out of several thousand units - in reality, it's more tens of thousands out of millions. It's always been this way, only now we're reading thousands of first-hand accounts of product failure.

One example is the Playstation 4 "blue flash of death". If you look this up online you'd imagine that the majority of PS4s had this problem. In reality, it only affected around 4% of units (including mine before I replaced it).

My advise is instead of looking at the specific reports to rather look at the number of reports. If there is one unit that has significantly more negative reviews than another, go with that. Well. Unless those reviews are "caught on fire" then maybe.
Its common sense that ceramic will fail faster if its thermally shocked. Like dropping a hot glass in ice water.

It's also common sense not to do that. Kind of like it's common sense that a metal car body will crumple if you hit a light pole. I just don't hit light poles, no crumpled body.

A carbon body will shatter into a billion pieces. That is why I drive a Koenigsegg.

Now. If only I could find a pole.

A carbon body will shatter into a billion pieces. That is why I drive a Koenigsegg.

Now. If only I could find a pole.
Yeah, right...... You live in Montana. That there is big sky cattle country. If it doesn't have Ford or Chevrolet on it they will hunt you down and string you up for the traitorous sidewinder you be. :biggrin:
Montana State Motto: Buy American or buy 6 feet of ground.

More like if it's not low emissions they will hunt you down and use your remains as organic fertilizer.

This is Missoula.

More like if it's not low emissions they will hunt you down and use your remains as organic fertilizer.

This is Missoula.
Well yeah, the three democrats in the state want you to keep the vehicle emissions clean because of all the methane coming from the cow farts.

You lost me there...??

Most reactions

Back