slowness

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know if its just me or not, but the site can get painfully slow the past few days. I post this now because today, all day, it can take 30 seconds for one post to open. All other sites zoom along happily, but this one just kind of drags along.

I don't know if its sudden traffic or what, just letting you guys know. And if it is just me, feel free to ignore this.

It has been fine for me, unless I use Firefox 3 which is a slow, buggy piece of expletive for me.

Which browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11. Like I said, it's pretty much just this site and only the past few days. Maybe just hiccups then if it's just me. :)

Edit: After replying, I went and googled "firefox slow" and lo and behold, its a common issue. And here I thought Firefox was a god amongst browsers... I'll check out the many 'fixes' people have posted.

Thanks Nynfortoo for the push in th right direction :)

Last edited:
I run a very large Sportster Motorcycle forum (25,000+ members) that runs the same software as this forum. Sometimes members complain about slowness of the forum thinking that it is the forums fault. 99% of the time it is not the fault of the forum. There are many factors that come into play such as your ISP, what is running on you computer, what browser you are using, what is running in the background on your computer, etc....

Check your computer first to see if it is the cause of your problems.

I run a very large Sportster Motorcycle forum (25,000+ members) that runs the same software as this forum. Sometimes members complain about slowness of the forum thinking that it is the forums fault. 99% of the time it is not the fault of the forum. There are many factors that come into play such as your ISP, what is running on you computer, what browser you are using, what is running in the background on your computer, etc....

Check your computer first to see if it is the cause of your problems.

Understood, my friend. But when all other sites, including other graphic intensive ones, zip along and only one site is bogged - fingers can be pointed ;) But I will work on the Firefox fix and see.

The software used for this forum is database driven. All pages are produced (written) on the fly when a person clicks on the link to the page. When you get a lot of requests to the database the site can slow down. Some functions of the forum are more database intensive such as performing searchs. If many people are performing a searches the forum can slow down quite a bit. BTW - Everytime a persons clicks on the NEW POSTS link a search is done. Most people, I believe, surf a forum this way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back