SLR - Nikon

hmm.. interesting.. thanks for sharing! okay, so i don't know why i'm interested with the FA tho. i've narrowed it down to either the FA or the FM3A. so far, all the reviews i've read seem to praise the FM3A to the highest of highs. any comments? :)

yes, FM3A is kinda new. while the others are old... hmm... which would you suggest? :)

FM3A was even dubbed something like the new classic or something like that... would it be better than getting a camera that was from the 80's?

phaatjoe said:
yes, FM3A is kinda new. while the others are old... hmm... which would you suggest? :)

FM3A was even dubbed something like the new classic or something like that... would it be better than getting a camera that was from the 80's?

I chose the FM2n. For me it was the right combination of features and price. I like that it'll run without batteries. I like the 1/250th flash sync. I don't usually use the in camera meter so I don't need the aperture priority mode of the FM3a. All the cameras that we've been talking about are nice.

I have two FAs... nice camera. When I bought the first one, I decided to buy Nikon because, in those days (pre-internet), the used gear I found in the camera shops was mostly Nikon. I like the smaller size too.

The FA has a program mode that is very hard to fool. Make sure you have a lens that takes advantage of this mode.

Have fun!

-Pete Christie

Most reactions

Back