SLR or reflex?

loco_gallo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I want to buy a new camera, i'm not a pro but i want to become good(not a professional tho)...

I was thinking of buying the Sony A100k, but i saw there is also the Sony DSCR1 wich is a bit cheaper....

I want to take landscapes and professional looking pictures, also portrait pictures of faces with a blur behind... is it possible to do that with the sony dscr1??

THANKSSSSS:lovey:

--also portrait pictures of faces with a blur behind--

That blur is cause by the background be outside of the DOF. So what is Depth Of Field? When you focus on a subject there is a distance in front and behind the focus point. That is DOF. By adjusting the aperture (f-stop) you change the DOF. You also have change shutter speed to keep the exposure right. Any camera that will let you adjust both the aperture and shutter speed weather it’s film or digital will let you blur the background.

Also SLR stands for Single Lens Reflex

The alpha a100k will allow you to change lenses for different types of shooting.It also will allow you to be more creative and give you more control over your photography.Take it from someone who already went the other route(point and shoot and then 3 months later upgrade to dslr).If you are going to make a serious hobby out of it you will outgrow a Point and shoot rather quickly.

I am not knocking point and shoot cameras(dont start throwing things at me people).There are some very nice camera's with some really neat functions,but if you are serious about it go with the a100k or another equivelent Dslr , and leave yourself some room to grow.

BTW if you have any questions about the a100 LMK:thumbup:

That blur is cause by the background be outside of the DOF. So what is Depth Of Field? When you focus on a subject there is a distance in front and behind the focus point. That is DOF. By adjusting the aperture (f-stop) you change the DOF. You also have change shutter speed to keep the exposure right. Any camera that will let you adjust both the aperture and shutter speed weather it’s film or digital will let you blur the background.

Also SLR stands for Single Lens Reflex

you also change the DOF with focal length, and with camera to subject distance. longer focal lengths and closer camera-to-subject distances both create a shallow DOF

Most reactions

Back