Sm4Him Godspeed Sharon :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, when enough folks were itching for TPF to carry on with the Photo Challenge contest, we asked for volunteers from the members. .. someone willing to step in and take the bull by the horns.

Sharon was the first person to step up. After I got her the access to the Contest moderators forum, I said something to the effect of, That's it, girl...now, get to work! !

Sharon replied that she'd be happy to, if she only knew what to do. Then in typical Sharon fashion, she quipped, "Come to think of it, that's not unlike my day job."

That was July 30, 2015. We laughed a lot that day. :)

I bought a photo from her for my Grandma's 100 birthday and Grandma just loved it. She was super great to deal with. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

she was every bit the southern belle in person as one would expect from her forum persona.
her presence will be missed.

Sharon was such a positive and active member, I think it would be nice if the forum could make some sort of dedication to honor Sharon. Some type of permanent memorial.
I think that's an outstanding idea - how does one execute it in onlineville?

Sparky - that wouldn't be homage so mch as more fundraising and I think a couple have asked the family if there's a charity she would have liked donations to go toward.

A thought though is that those who met up with her might consider producing a small booklet together of photographs of her. Something that could be presented to the family

Another would be to produce a book of her works to be presented to the family - however that would be more tricky and require someone local who can at least access her computer and her photography. It might be a thought; many of us have many photos in digi-world but very few in print. Again it could be some very nice memories for the family

But with what end goal? What form does the memorial take?

Since her son told me she hadn't specified any one charity, it will need to be open-ended for the moment. But I suspect it will either end up for cancer research or a faith-based organization since both were very important to her.

Last edited:
Thanks Sparky.

Maybe have a photo book made? make two copies, one for each son? If someone has some of her photos and the family is OK with it. We could chip in for costs.

Something on the site stickied to share her photos? Putting anything online you never know if a site would get sold or discontinued eventually. So that might need to be done knowing it may not be permanent.

Thanks Sparky.

Maybe have a photo book made? make two copies, one for each son? If someone has some of her photos and the family is OK with it. We could chip in for costs.

Something on the site stickied to share her photos? Putting anything online you never know if a site would get sold or discontinued eventually. So that might need to be done knowing it may not be permanent.
THAT is a wonderful idea, or even just a couple of big prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back