Small Lighting Stuido Setup??

xcalibur00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post.

I have a client that needs some sunglasses photographed for advertising purposes so I need to light and shoot them with my canon 5d. I need a little lighting studio setup and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good kits??

thanks

I have no idea, but welcome to the forums.

Ok, so you will need a lighting tent, B&H sells them, then you need the lights. Do you have any studio lights? Give me the run down of what you are shooting, numbers, and what equipment you have, ok?

Hi everyone this is my first post.

I have a client that needs some sunglasses photographed for advertising purposes so I need to light and shoot them with my canon 5d. I need a little lighting studio setup and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good kits??
Can't recommend any kits, but here are some links to some web sites that you might find helpful.

Digital Desktop Studio Photography

Table Top Studio - Product Photography

Product Photography Using A Light Box

what camera settings i'm told set it to aperture priority and go as high as possible.
and use spot focus... would that be correct?? what lens though?? I have a canon 5d mark II and a 50mm 1.4 or a 17- 85mm F4 EFS .. should I buy another lens I was thinking of getting a nicer zoom lens 24-70mm F2.8

You will need a lot of light behind any kind of glass but especially colored glass. I would shoot manual, personally. I don't know what you mean by high, do you mean the camera position or the shutter speed? You will need a decent amount of DOF because you will be pretty close. I would use your sharpest lens and that is usually not a zoom. Make sure you wear gloves to place the objects after you clean, clean, clean them. You will see ever piece of lint and fingerprint.

You will need another light for the glass in addition to the kit you posted.

Get some canned air to clean your surface. Are you using the tent? With plex?

Or you could make the plex like a light box and put your tent on top of that. That would help with lighting the glass.

what is plex what do you mean??

can you help recommend exactly what i need from B and H video

Most reactions

Back