Small Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the badger, we need the badger.

Actually I already have the badger. I've been feeding him only about once a week, poking him with a stick and saying nasty things about his mom, so he's properly motivated.

What to do with the coconut?

Studio 34 Photography by Chrissie Batt

Her FB page shows ratings of 5.0 out of 5 possible stars; 19 reviews; typically replies within minutes.The business's website shows only five publicly-viewable images, one single briade-and-groom-by-lakeshore shot, two of a young woman, two of the same newborn baby--so the huge preponderance of her images are only shown publicly on Facebook.

I looked through all of the FB pics, click-click-click. She shows some flashes of creativity, meaning cute ideas or novel ideas, but has a lot of compositional problems. Not very good overall on the technical, nor on consistency, but does have SOME decent-looking images on Facebook. But, as was mentioned earlier, most people in the general population can not actually tell good from below average, and at the lower end of the price spectrum, PRICE is a big factor in who gets booked.

Again...I looked at her Facebook page, which is the main advertising and promotional vehicle she seems to have, and there are just enough cute pictures that I can see that she could get some work, that some day she'll be able to handle shooting a wedding indoors.

Dang, dat girl got some beautiful eyes in dat santa coat.

DarkShadow said:
Dang, dat girl got some beautiful eyes in dat santa coat.

Yeah, she was born with them once Adobe invented its Iris Enhance Tool in Lightroom. lol. But seriously...yeah...artificially "worked" eyeballs draw a lot of people today.

Is it still not clear that accepting money for something does not make one a Pro?
Accepting money for something makes one a pro. It doesn't make one accomplished, just a pro. There in lies the problem, people think that the word professional in a business like this means something. All it means is they make money, not that they are accomplished.

Is it still not clear that accepting money for something does not make one a Pro?
Accepting money for something makes one a pro.

I bet we could extend this thread to 1000 pages if folks had time to debate 'accepting money for something makes one a pro' statement.
Chris Rock's daughters are probably pro's based on the amount of cash they accepted from the Hollywoods, but the scouts that accepted my money were just.....Girl Scouts. :) :)

I bet we could extend this thread to 1000 pages if folks had time to debate 'accepting money for something makes one a pro' statement.
Chris Rock's daughters are probably pro's based on the amount of cash they accepted from the Hollywoods, but the scouts that accepted my money were just.....Girl Scouts. :) :)
They were professional girls scouts, but were they accomplished girl scouts?

They were professional girls scouts, but were they accomplished girl scouts?

The word pro-bably should not be shortened. When it comes to TPF, I consider pro=profession. Some may consider pro=professional. Oh welp.....

Look at all the "Professional" athletes that get paid millions of dollars for playing like ****.....Just because they are professional athletes getting paid, doesn't mean they are actually any good.

End of topic lol

Difficult to comment without knowing both sides. How many pics did she get, did she have a chance to pick the best from a set? It sounds like the photographer was not very professional, but many would say that $1500 is not very expensive for a wedding.

Respectfully, there is no other side as the contract is spelled out. The photographer did not perform all the actions spelled out in the contract. Here is a link to the contract, it is real close to this if not the same as I recall.

Contract for Wedding Photography Services
Is it the same or not? And which bit does the photographer breach?

Respectfully, there is no other side as the contract is spelled out. The photographer did not perform all the actions spelled out in the contract. Here is a link to the contract, it is real close to this if not the same as I recall.

Contract for Wedding Photography Services
That's pretty generic; all it calls for him to do is show up and take pictures. I doubt that there's a substantial or relevant portion that isn't at least partially fulfilled under law. In addition to a letter from a solicitor, I would also inquire with the appropriate local office to see if he's licensed to conduct business in that area.

I would NOT be so quick or positive about a successful resolution in small claims court. Your assistant will have to demonstrate that her images are markedly different than those she was shown.

No real 'pro' would blame the venue; as Gary points out, any pro worth his salt will have done a venue recce ahead of time, talked to the Rector/Officiant about dos and don'ts and asked for tips. Any chance we could get a link to the photographer's website?
Studio 34 Photography by Chrissie Batt

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I don't do Facebook, maybe y'all can see
That's not a website, it's a facebook page and if that's all the photographer has, I wouldn't have even considered them in the first place!

we all have to start somewhere. When you first start, you aren't that good. Your rates you charge will probably expound upon that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back