Small, strong tripod to support D4s needed

cowleystjames

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need a small, low tripod to support a D4s and 14-24 f2.8 or 16mm Nikkor fisheye, and I'm struggling to find one to take that sort of weight.
I'm wondering if anyone has fried the Gorilla Pod Focus? This seems to be the type of thing I need, but haven't been able to find a stockist within a reasonable distance of me to try one.
Could do with other recommendations if you have any.

Standard Manfrotto tripods like the 055 should fit the bill. I believe they still make it possible to detach the centre column and use just the top plate to mount a head. With the column gone, the legs can be splayed to get the tripod quite low with no loss of stability. A far better solution than the Gorilla Pod.

The gorillapod pro focus will hold it just fine, but remember that the gorillapod excels at mounting the camera to things. Free standing it's not a good option (but will work fine in a pinch), you'd be better off getting a proper tripod that can get low. Something like a Feisol CT-3442 or an Induro CT 314 with the optional short center column will be light and still capable of getting quite low, while also being plenty strong. Most tripods will let you splay the legs almost flat. I know with my Sirui R4203L I can get the camera within inches of the ground. The main question you have to answer is, what is your budget?

Standard Manfrotto tripods like the 055 should fit the bill. I believe they still make it possible to detach the centre column and use just the top plate to mount a head. With the column gone, the legs can be splayed to get the tripod quite low with no loss of stability. A far better solution than the Gorilla Pod.

+1

Most reactions

Back