Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF5152.jpg

DSCF5128.jpg

DSCF5156.jpg

DSCF5120.jpg

DSCF5113.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Nice. I think perhaps just a touch more DoF so that the farthest petals were sharp and perhaps some manipulation (albeit slight) of the saturation and intensity sliders to slightly boost the colour of the petals would help.

2. Yep, they're clouds.

3. As with two, there's a lack of any real subject upon which to focus. The left-hand edge of the row actually forms a line which leads the eye right out of the image.

4. Watch your white-balance. This image is way too cold. I would also suggest a shooting position which could have eliminated the utility poles around the bottom.

5. Some very strong purple fringing on this; depending on which post-processing software you have, this could easily be removed. Once again, the image doesn't have a lot to recommend it. If the object were for say an architecture textbook, it would be fine, otherwise...

You've got some good ideas. Keep practicing - I would suggest if you're going to concentrate on outdoor work that you do more of your shooting earlier in the morning and/or later in the evening when the light is more pleasing, and also that you invest in a polarizing filter.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

1. Nice. I think perhaps just a touch more DoF so that the farthest petals were sharp and perhaps some manipulation (albeit slight) of the saturation and intensity sliders to slightly boost the colour of the petals would help.

2. Yep, they're clouds.

3. As with two, there's a lack of any real subject upon which to focus. The left-hand edge of the row actually forms a line which leads the eye right out of the image.

4. Watch your white-balance. This image is way too cold. I would also suggest a shooting position which could have eliminated the utility poles around the bottom.

5. Some very strong purple fringing on this; depending on which post-processing software you have, this could easily be removed. Once again, the image doesn't have a lot to recommend it. If the object were for say an architecture textbook, it would be fine, otherwise...

You've got some good ideas. Keep practicing - I would suggest if you're going to concentrate on outdoor work that you do more of your shooting earlier in the morning and/or later in the evening when the light is more pleasing, and also that you invest in a polarizing filter.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Agree with all 'cept #3. The image is blue... I'm not sure if the coolness is from the WB or just the funkiness of color of the tower.

I agree with pretty much everything tire said. I agree that it could be a WB issue, because even the electric poles that are supposed to be brown are tinted blue.

These pics would be better with a lot less zoom.

1) is nice photo of a flower.
2) sky, nothing special for me.
3) does nothing for me. Looks like a snapshot.
4) I like this, but maybe re-shoot to where the center support pillar is centered behind the front middle pillar? You have the water tower almost perfectly centered in the picture, so to not see symmetry throughout is a little off-setting.
5) I think this can be cropped any number of ways, or even made into perhaps 2-3 different photos, but at the very least, i'd crop out the very bottom of the photo, where the tops of the glass windows are showing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back