Small town sign

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is something recent. We were driving through NW Alabama after a few days of heavy rain, not having many photo ops. I jumped out of the car for this one. It was a narrow sidewalk and I did my best to cut out the telephone wires, sitting on the sidewalk shooting straight up. I wanted the building distortion. How distracting are the wires? There was nothing I could do with the parking lot across the street. :? Is the image too cluttered?

Also, this is looking kind of dark on my screen. The print shows better shadow detail.

Kodak HIE, 20mm lens.

normal_socksign.jpg

Wow....thats classy! :thumbsup:

How did you do the border??

Oh, that's from printing "full bleed", no cropping was done in the darkroom and it's actually shadow. I've always dug that effect. :)

I'm not well versed in photography as you are, but IMO that image is a keeper!

Thanks Matt!! My husband printed this one for me (I'm in week 2 of darkroom class :wink: ) and yes, he did a little bit of burning at the edges but not much. He spent more time around the sign.

Funny thing is that the negative looks virtually like this, and I thought this image had potential just from how it looked on the contact sheet. HIE can give you some sweet surprises at times. :D

I think with the border the telephone wires are a lot less noticable. I like the photo. I feel like I'm traveling back in time.

katileka said:
I think with the border the telephone wires are a lot less noticable. I like the photo. I feel like I'm traveling back in time.

Thank you for that. It's hard to be objective about things like that (the phone lines ie: clutter) when it's your own stuff. I appreciate the input.

Chaseypants, just drive on over! :p

Chase said:
terri said:
Chaseypants, just drive on over! :p

Ok, so after I get on Interstate-10 East...then what?? :lol:

I'll let you know after about 18 hours or so....stay sharp! There will be an interstate change eventually, and I'd hate for you to miss it. :p

So now I need a wireless Internet connection that will work all of the way there, just so I can keep getting directions while en route??

I'm starting to think this isn't such a good idea... :roll:

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back