Smile! - Noise reduction help wanted

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Bend The Light, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Bend The Light

Bend The Light No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi,

visited a Sea Life Centre yesterday. I had my 400d. No flash photography allowed, dark all around, very limited light in the tanks. I love this image, although I know it's not the sharpest, but it is noisy (there is some dirt showing on the glass, too, but it was too busy to do the cleaning before the shot!).

What can be done to reduce the noise in PP?

[​IMG]

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are programs available for this, Noise Ninja is one but there's others, you can usually find a filter in image editing programs which will help but imo they tend to soften the image also. H

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    No doubt, using de-noise software will soften, even further, your already soft image.

If you have one of the more recent editions of Photoshop CS you could open the photo in Camera Raw and use those de-noise tools, particularly the luminance noise slider.

Following that you could open the image in Photoshop and try using USM (UnSharp Mask) to do a local contrast enhancement (Amount: 10, Radius: 175, Threshold: 0)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010