AlexisRhea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is Molly

05-27-molly-03-edit.jpg

C&C appreciated! :D

I think good effort. Nice and sharp on the eyes which is the key. Now just go for composition. Maybe get low down on the ground and don't centre the dog. Work with the rule of thirds.But I know its hard with animals and kids.
I just shot my aunties 1 and 2 year old for her.
You just shoot when you can and they will never sit still or look the right way.

Well done

Focus on the eyes is just what you want! Yes. You did well. And so did Molly in giving you that bright smile!

Pity that her paw got cropped - and I personally don't care that much for the POV you chose (point of view), just standing there as human, looking down ... to crouch might have made this a bit less "looking down upon Molly"-like.

beautiful dog with a great happy expression. Yes- always focus on the eyes. hard at times with pets, but just keep shooting.

Thanks everyone. I was so happy with that shot! lol She's a tough one to get to hold still! I didn't mean for it to be so much of a POV of looking down on her. I liked her expression, but I see what you mean about the POV. If I can make a hat that has a ball almost in front of my face, I bet I can get on her level and have her look right into the camera. :) Its just hard to keep her from coming at me trying to lick me or the camera. :) At least I know she's a happy and playful dog.
And I hate that I couldn't get her all in the frame. I snapped this pretty fast and I didn't notice that at the time.

Any suggestions on how to get her head to appear larger than her body- like The Dog Collection pictures? I get that kind of a feel when I look at this shot of her sometimes.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely have to keep working at this! :)

http://www.the-dog-collection.co.uk/

Most reactions

Back