Smog?

kilifila66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all! I know it's been a while, Spain has been somewhat hectic and I have not been able to take as many photos as I have wanted. I did however have a question about smog, is there ANY way to get a decent landscape style shot when smog is present without giving it that washed out sort of feeling? I guess I don't have another word to describe it except maybe dull. Also, I am having some composition troubles on large scale landscape shots. I don't have a wide angle or panoramic lens and I find my shots to lack a little clarity in what I was trying to capture. Last, but certainly not least, I was wondering if anyone had some advice on taking shots into direct sunlight? I just can't seem to get a shot where the sun looks like the sun and the photo is properly exposed. I have tried adjusting everything from white balance to shutter and app settings and I just can't seem to get the feel im going for.

Thanks in advance and maybe I will post some example photos if I get the chance. Oh and keep an eye out for some new posts.

For the sun shots you'd probably have to get some kind of filter on the lens. Although I'm not sure what you mean by getting to sun to just look like the sun. It's really bright. You can't look at the sun with your own eyes, so there's no way really to get a picture of it either....is there?

I don't know, I'm not a pro, but I figure you're always gonna get a white spot when photoraphing the sun directly.

You can purchase a threaded solar filter, similar to the ones they use on consumer telescopes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back