A few from the other day.

Alan

The Ugly Sister
3833979012_2caed64f44.jpg

Smokey the Ant
3833979162_e44c7ca10a.jpg

Tortured Soul
3833979696_fac99cf509.jpg

These are really cool! Would you mind sharing a bit of information on your technique (e.g. How did you light them, shutter speed info, how much was done in PP, etc.)?

Hi Ian and thanks.
I use a Bowens 250 at the moment at full power
Camera settings are-
200 sec
f/14- f/16 to make sure I get detail in the drift.
ISO 100
I see an Image in the smoke and them try to make it more clear and obvious (by brushing out areas)to others viewing It. I also sometimes use gels.

Alan

I agree, these are really cool! I love them! Very nice work.:thumbup:

Thanks for your comments. Glad you like them.

Alan

Alan, what kind of smoke did you use and how did you create that pitch black and white background??

Hi Ben,
The smoke is from a scent stick. I used a black background and used a grid with the light to stop any spill onto the background. all I did to create the white background was invert in photoshop. Anymore questions just ask.

Since I am new to photography, could you maybe explain that in easier language because its a project I really would like to do!!

Hi Ben sorry about that. I am not the best to ask on a tutorial as I don't explain myself very well. I have had a look on the web and this Is a very good tutorial from start to finish. You can use an off camera flash wireless, its just as good. If this is of no help let us know and i shall have another look.

Here Is another.
http://www.jhoque.com/how-to-edit-smoke-in-photoshop/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks that really helped, now I am gonna try this project over this week and i will publish the pics later. thanks, i will probably have some questions later

Nice stuff, the ugly sister looks like it was painted by Ralph Steadman :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back