Smoke Bomb Photography-First try

Amanda.s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Photography : Amanda plante (@photosbyamandaplante) • Instagram photos and videos
Amanda Plante Photography

Mua/Hairstylist Robin Robin Vince (@r.vincemua) • Instagram photos and videos

Model/Jewellery Artist: Katie Katiee'z Gemz (@katieez_gemz) • Instagram photos and videos

Styling: Robin and myself

IMG_2563.JPG

Neat concept. I think if you were to use off camera flash with high speed sync you could give this a really awesome dramatic look that would add some mystery to the shot.

I also think that I’d find a way to hide the smoke bomb itself so that it wasn’t visible inside the cage. Maybe use a lantern with colored glass sides or something?

Overall this is a cool concept, but I think with some work you could make super cool images

I would have to agree. A more dramatic lighting setup would help this a lot and for me Id choose a shallower DoF.

I love the concept too. I think the photo would look wonderful as a fantasy photo like this one:

Interesting concept, good lighting, and the hair and makeup look great. The fact that I can see the actual smoke bomb takes away from any fantasy or mysterious elements of the shot though. It looks out of place and tacky.

All that smoke is begging to be tone mapped / HDR.
The model is wearing a substantial bra under the dress and drags my attention to it. If this is what the photog was going for then good but for me the overall look of the dress should have been smooth.

I do a lot of composite work and use Photoshop heavily in my photos. I would consider this a very good start but now needs to go to Photoshop for the rest of the work. So take it to photoshop and play with it. Youtube has tons of great videos that can help you along, and feel free to ask me any questions. If I don't know the answer I can at least point you in the right direction.
Great work though, keep it up! :)

Most reactions

Back