smoke

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first picture taken with my new camera; the Canon 40D (Love it!)

Looking at some smoke pictures from other people got me inspired. This is my take on it.
I don't have an external flash, so it's kinda tricky getting enough light to hit the smoke (I ended up getting a construction light at Home Depot; 250W Halogen light on sale for $4!). Still testing around how I could get better results. It's a ton of fun....

If you have suggestions on lighting or other tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1457186030_116481468f_o.jpg

Great photography on the cheap. :) Excellent photograph but I think you could chop off some of the right side. Beautiful colours.

joss sticks on their side, scroll like that, very cool, I'd probably take the dust particles out...mebbe.

WOW! That looks amazing!

Thanks a lot for your comments.

marcuspeddle: Thanks for your comment. I was thinking of cropping it tighter but decided against it. I like the extra black space to the right. I think it balances the smoke out nicely and also gives it some room to go... Thanks again.

ernie: Thanks... not yet the other ones didn't turn out that great. Have to try again...

Chris of Arabia: It's incense sticks. I asked for the "least aggressive" flavor. Cause there ended up to be a lot of smoke... :)

Joxby: Thanks. I like them a lot. Look like sparkles.

Method: thanks. I like them too... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back