Smoooke

mdtusz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying new things in photography... new to me at least even though they are wayy overdone and everyone does it a few times (smoke, water drops etc.. things like that). Here's my first attempt at smoke though. It's really luck of the draw for me to get a good looking shot, but I don't think using the nifty fifty helped. Anyways, without further adieu.

2010-05-05+at+22-18-44.jpg

I know some people don't like the inverted colours or selective colour at all, but I was going for a similar look to the cover of a book I have on string theory. I like it, but wish that I had a cleaner shot. Focussing is really hard (especially without a tripod :lol:) and by this point my room was starting to become hotboxed so you can probably see a bit of coloured haze around the edges still. I took out some of it in PS but didn't bother going super close in (it's for my 365 and I only had about 5 minutes left till midnight).

Edit: I just tilted my laptop screen so I was looking at it almost at 0º and realized I missed a few spots where it was sloppy with the smoke. Depending on your monitor, you may or may not see them. They don't show up on my screen when I look straight on though.

I actually think that's fairly awesome, and now at the risk of copying you (let's say inspired by) i think i may try that myself at some point soon.

Lovely! I think it would look even better as a vertical composition,however.

i tried shooting smoke the other day. its pretty fun to do. i recommend it to everyone.

Most reactions

Back