Snake feeding *dead animal inside*

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, i got a pet snake and today it was the first time i gave her a rat pinky. I dont feed live, these come out the freezer.

Anyways, if you like rats and young animals, its probably better to use the back button of your browser.
And im not trying to shock people, but maybe there are some people interested in how a snake feeds.

Here we go:

Spot007.jpg

Spot008.jpg

Spot011.jpg

Spot013.jpg

Thanks for looking,
greetz Daan

Beautiful baby ball python, congrats & thanks for sharing.

Well, i started this thread some time ago and i wanted to let you see what she eats these days. Didnt want to start a new thread, cause now you can see the difference in size in the feeders. This is a weanling rat, so a young rat. And its just amazing how she can get that through her thin neck.
Here are the pics:

Spot014.jpg

Spot016.jpg

Spot017.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Yikes! Snakes are cool, but I'm not sure I've got the constitution to deal with dead rats and then deer, or whatever they eat when they get bigger! Cool pics though!

Deer :roll: ...
Dear Rob.
Nothing THAT big! :mrgreen:

And Daan, I find this VERY interesting! Not that I would like the sight, but if this is what snakes eat, then ... well.
And you photograph this very well. What is your light source?

oi!

wow... these are really cool.
she's (he?) is beautiful... and looks to be hungry!! :)

LaFoto said:
Deer :roll: ...
Dear Rob.
Nothing THAT big! :mrgreen:

I've seen it happen, youngish antelope. They dislocate their jaws I beleive.

Great pictures daan. Especially the first one with the furrry rat.

Ohh..!! It's Cool..!!
Beautiful snake..I wanted one but my parents have problems with mice in the freezer..S:

Awesome..
Great photos again..

Thank you very much for the comments :D
Corinna: the lightsource i use is just a simple 60W bulb and put my camera on AWB. Seems to do the trick.
And some species of snakes can most certainly eat deer. Its just amazing how much everything in their body moves around and stretches to get the food item down. But mine will be stuck with adult rats, but maybe, just maybe (people arent gonna like me for this) she is going for young rabbits later on.
Kalee: she sure is a hungry one, she is a great eater, really happy with that. She grows really fast. Today she shed her skin for the second time in 3 weeks.
'Daniel": They dont really dislocate their jaw. Their jaw are 4 or 6 bones (dont remember for sure) which are kept together by "rubber" bands, which makes it possible for the snake to eat large food items.
XpdX: just put the mice in double plastic bags, seems to work for my mom :)

And now ill just stop typing and thanks again for the comments

` This is a male Yellow Anaconda, six years old 10 feet long. He has been fed by hand since his first meal. He is always fed frozen/thawed food.

`
Dscf0223.jpg

`
Dscf0224.jpg

`
Dscf0226a.jpg

`
He likes children, too.
Dscf0265.jpg

Most reactions

Back