SNAKEEEEEEEEEEE

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a picture of a snake today after a shoot. Isn't s/he cute?

SNAKE_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

We have a couple of King Snakes around the house in the 4 to 5 ft range. I let them stay because we live in the woods, and they keep the rodent population in check. They also will kill and eat Copperheads, which reside on the property. Still they always mange to scare the crap out of me when I come across them unexpectedly.

Cute little guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool looking snake. I think something happened when you uploaded it here because it does not look that good. Was this taken with a cellphone?

Last edited:
Cool looking snake. I think something happened when you uploaded it here because it does look that good. Was this taken with a cellphone?

Err... no.

Cool looking snake. I think something happened when you uploaded it here because it does look that good. Was this taken with a cellphone?

Err... no.

Sorry I had to edit my response The photo "doesn't look that good". The snake is out of focus. The focus point is on the rock in front of the snake. There is also lots of noise in the picture

Last edited:

Err... no.

Sorry I had to edit my response The photo "doesn't look that good". The snake is out of focus. The focus point is on the rock in front of the snake. There is also lots of noise in the picture

Cool, thanks for the feedback, man.

Sorry I didn't have time to set up my flashes and umbrellas, and get the snake's makeup done before the shoot.
This was shot after sunset, in the woods, so it was pretty dark. My f/stop was around 4 or so, and that was the highest I could get without sacrificing too much light.

Err... no.

Sorry I didn't have time to set up my flashes and umbrellas, and get the snake's makeup done before the shoot.
This was shot after sunset, in the woods, so it was pretty dark. My f/stop was around 4 or so, and that was the highest I could get without sacrificing too much light.

Your welcome.

Come on man you don't need all the fancy gear to get a good picture of a snake in the woods. Plus none of that would have helped with missed focus.

Err... no.

Your welcome.

Come on man you don't need all the fancy gear to get a good picture of a snake in the woods. Plus none of that would have helped with missed focus.

Well, if I did have my flash set up. Lighting wouldn't have been an issue. My main goal was to get the face in focus, which I got. If I had the lights, I would have stopped up to probably f/8 or so, so I could get the whole creature in focus.

Err... no.

Your welcome.

Well, if I did have my flash set up. Lighting wouldn't have been an issue. My main goal was to get the face in focus, which I got. If I had the lights, I would have stopped up to probably f/8 or so, so I could get the whole creature in focus.

I checked again the head and face are just out of focus. Yup more DOF would have helped some in getting the face sharper.

I assumed this must have been a wild specimen. Not something you often come across round here!

We had a snakes session at our Photo workshop on Monday, which allowed us rather more control of the situation (and reassurance that the snakes where harmless to us).
I think this was my favorite shot of the session:
P1220298cr small by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Even under controlled conditions it can be awkward to catch the tongue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back