snakes, work, and doggie pimps

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
Today is a good day. My baby ball python finally ate last night which is a major relief. Had myself a good job interview this morning with a second interview being scheduled. And now I'm trying to figure out if there's a market to stud our dog out as he owes me for one screen door, one door knob, one complete door, and a doggie door.

Anyone out here stud their dog out for a few bucks? Even worth trying if he's never shown? He's got the lineage, papers to match, and apparently has been DNA'd. I'm just don't know where to start getting info to see if it's even a possibility worth exploring before I snip him.

What kind of dog is it? I bought my golden from a breeder but they were hunting stock, not show dogs so it was a little different. With the amount of labs and goldens I see around here I'm guessing that not all the parents were show dogs. I'm sure the price you get is related to the titles that the dog has, and probably that of his parents as well. Maybe contact your local AKC for starters?

Congrats on getting the ball to eat, they can be very picky. I've got one that is a few years old and he can be a pain sometimes...but I think I've got a good technique.

How big is it? Have any pictures?

We're only about 17" and still acclimating to our new home so I haven't tormented her(?) yet with the camera and flash. Once we've eaten a few more times we'll be moving into a bigger terrarium with all the fixings and then we'll see about getting some good pics.

OMG... so you are talking about a snake or a dog???
AAAA snake! *runs out of the forum*

I've always wanted a Ball Python!!! When I lived at home, my step-dad wouldn't let me have one cuz he's scared poop-less of snakes. And now living in an apartment, I'm thinking the landlords wouldn't be too happy if it got out!

Hahahaha - Mentos. He IS talking about a snake. "She" is tiny right now and fits in the palm of my hand. Nothing scary about that.

As for the dog. He's a champagne lab. "Sir Odus of Shearwood" :lol: I'm not sure what he was bred for but I'm sure a call to the breeder will give me more info.

photogoddess said:
As for the dog. He's a champagne lab. "Sir Odus of Shearwood" :lol: I'm not sure what he was bred for but I'm sure a call to the breeder will give me more info.

ah, yours is a lush to huh...yeah mine is more of a beer lab really, only drinks on weekends for now...

OK, back to snakes.........here you go Big Mike:

elvira.jpg

Heh I used to have a female roomate who had a python, it had been raised on live mice but she could bring herself to feed it (so then she had a python and 2 white mice for pets) Her solution was dead baby chicks. You have no idea how traumatized I was when I was looking for something to eat and found a bag full of dead baby chickens in our freezer.

The snake was very strong and an escape artist and love to hide in the couch. I nearly had a coronary when I went digging for the remote and came up with snake.

:D

I feed my snakes only humanely killed mice from a rodent farm. I buy them frozen in packets of 20 or 25. That does mean that I have 100 frozen mice in my deep freeze...but nobody seems to mind. :)

We in the reptile community try to educate people and discourage live feeding.

Cute pic. They have such a cute puppy dog face, don't they?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back