Snapfish vs. Mpix: In print quality only

J Crew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has compared these two specifically? I'm wondering if there's a defenite improvement in print quality at Mpix over Snapfish. I've heard good things about both, just want to know if the extra cost at Mpix is worth it. Thanks.

- Jason

Why not test them out yourself? Just get a few prints done by each and compare them side by side.

Yeah, that's what I have actually planned on doing. Just thought I'd ask just in case some other members had already done the same.

- Jason

Never tried mpix but I do use Snapfish. The quality of the prints is SOOOO much better than the ones I used to get from Walmart. It's a pain for me to order since I have dialup and I have to go to my mother-in-law's house to upload them but it's worth it and they're always so fast. I've heard good things about mpix though so I might give them a try someday.

Yeah, that's what I have actually planned on doing. Just thought I'd ask just in case some other members had already done the same.

- Jason

Keep in mind quality of prints is somewhat subjective, so your idea of quality may vary from others. If you do a side by side comparison, I would suggest repeating on at least 3 different occassions to look for consistency in the results.

Another vote for Mpix, Just make sure your monitor is calibrated. If you do not have a calibration tool, Mpix will send you a calibration kit (at no charge) It consists of a print and a CD with the same image along with directions on how to calibrate it. If your editing software supports "soft proofing" you can use that

How do I get the mpix calibration kit? I would like to buy a few large prints, and I want to be sure they look the same as I see them.

Contact their customer service dept, thru mpix.com
I used it but you need to adjust the monitor image to match the print image by using the moniotor settings,
I have since picked up a Spyder2Express for calibrating my monitor, To make it easire to recalibrate as needed. I have a perfect match from my monitor and Mpix print.

I use Mpix and I am happy with it the onlt problem I have is that the basuc 4x6 only comes in matte finish.

Mpix, They also have the fastest CS I have ever seen. All of my e-mails are answered in minutes.
Cosmo

Ditto the fast CS! Also, the orders are printed and shipped within a day or so. And their shipping is very reasonable for overnight.

Most reactions

Back