Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by des1017, Aug 17, 2008.
Might not be too impressive, but they were quick shots with a used $130 camera.
Welcome! Nice to see someone else from Austin!
Overall I like the series. Some C&C if it's ok.
1) To me, a good picture
2) Nice shot (I assume form The Oasis). I would suggest cropping out the pole and the heads of the people on the deck below (and maybe the boat in the water)
3) A little over exposed. I don't know the Sony, but there must be a way to adjust it
4) Good shot of the Tower
5) Ok, but nothing real compelling
7) Good color, maybe just needs a tighter crop
8 & 9) Once again, a tad overexposed
10) No real subject. The boat and fence draws the eyes to the bottom of the picture. Plus the flare from the sun is distracting. Might want to use your hand as a shade when the sun is low to help prevent it.
Overall, I think they are good pictures from an inexpensive P&S. For the composition side, I suggest reading up on the "rule of thirds" so the subjects aren't always centered. maybe some of the more experienced out there can correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.
Can't wait to see more!
Separate names with a comma.