Snerd's Huge Gaping Wound

I got $5 bucks says she'll come look anyway!

You win $5!!!

Though to be fair, I only opened the thread today and I did so on my phone so the picture would be teeny tiny and I could scroll fast and not really see it.

Oh no,not again.I have seen worse but not surgery related.Get well and hope the infection stays away for ever.

It is only a flesh wound.

Seriously get better soon

We are just meat!

I'm beginning to be a believer in this vac pump Negative Pressure Wound Therapy! The wound has closed almost 50% in a little over a week! Doc said it looked good, no smell, closing, and looked "red and meaty" like he wants.

11139744_684996704961740_80216465_n.jpg

The bottom is just a drop of blood. The discolored area is called "slough". It's where red blood cells gather to fight the infection, then die. That's the result. He simply scraped it off. Well, maybe simple for him, it hurt like hell to me! Continue vac pump and antibiotics for 2-3 more weeks.

Here's what it looks like when sponge is inserted and taped, then hooked to vac pump.

11115922_681147022013375_735698925_n.jpg

The tape is doing in my skin, though! Raw in a couple of spots. They said it can be pretty rough on the skin. Gave me some collagen.

Dang @snerd, that's not conducive to us going on that photowalk.
I'm telling you, I can't catch a break lately! I've been the picture of health most of my life! Then 2007 rolled around, and it's been downhill ever since! Hemorrhoid surgery, back surgery, another back surgery, shoulder replacement, gall bladder surgery, 2 more shoulder surgeries, now shoulder infection and trying to kill it and heal the infected shoulder wound! The real kicker is the recovery time after each.................. it's getting longer and longer each time!

Most reactions

Back