Snow Globe

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was digging around some old slides and found this from a Christmas in 2001. My wife collects snow globes and I was shooting them. I like this one. Any critques? (I know it's way too early for X'mas stuff).. :lol:

4ef7c1c3.jpg

Hi airgunr

Reminds me thats X-mas is around the corner and summer is almost over :( Oh well, so goes life. As for your picture, interesting subject. All the details of the "characters" in the globe are pretty sharp. The only thing, and this is just an amateur speaking, the lighting. Seems a little dark. But in an another way, it's give the mood that in winter, most of the day is dark, unlike summer.

Good job.

Ha, I just love it. Very nicely exposed. My only nitpick would be to lose that white blob of light in the upper right corner, it's pulling the eye from the cute little scene. :D

Thanks, I will see what I can do with that white blob. I agree that it is distracting. I also noticed a dark spot on the globe I need to get rid of.

The lighting was intentional to give it that kind of wintery, dreamy feeling. I was using candles as lighting.

I love the lighting - it really captures the xmas feel. The candle flare at the top could be edited out but I'm not entirely sure it doesn't just add to the xmas feel. I love the pick to be honest.

Most reactions

Back