Snow Prints

gman172

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i went back to kirklees boating club nr oldham, lancs to take some snowy pic on sunday

these footprints greeted me there - how did they get there?? there seemed to be no prints going in - just these coming out!!

processed in hdr to give the buildings in the background detail - i tried without hdr and the background was just silhouetted (see the bw version)

SnowyOldham273_4_5_tonemappede1024.jpg

hdr colour version

SnowyOldham273ebw1024.jpg

how do i improve as im not v. happy bout this one?

:thumbdown: or :thumbup:

In the HDR version, the building is slightly soft. Whether that was from your aperture or camera shake, I don't know. It's gone in the black and white version though.

Maybe you are not happy with it because the HDR didn't work out that well?

A question that I have, I am NOT trying to start a HDR debate or etc, but do you only shoot HDR's?

no i dont only shoot hdr - although it may look that way

but due to time constraints i find i get a quick win out of hdr processing compared to regular photoshop processing - i do feel its a bit of a cheat and i am doing a lot more 'ordinary' editing now.
i sometimes doubt my abilities and compare myself too harshly to the best but i should just tell myself it prob takes years to be there.
sorry to pour my heart out on you!! - and you and others have helped to give me a wakeup call to look at how i do things.

thanks

Most reactions

Back