Snowdrop for c nc

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now i know this was not the best shot but I have been trying!
Snowdrop.jpg

Lucky you, I'm all snowed in Canada :p

Nice photo. There seems to be a slight yellow tint in this photo that should be reduced a bit, so maybe cool the WB just a tiny bit. Also, the out-of-focus leaf at the bottom is distracting. I recommend that you try and get a little bit closer to the subject and cut out some of the leaves below.

Also, I recommend that you generally avoid having strong shadows in pictures of flowers. You might want to consider getting a good flash for your camera. Here, you could have bounced it off the wall too eliminate the shadow and give the flowers even lighting.

your absoloutely right now i look at it. would the built in flash work?

how bout like this, ive only cropped and done a bit of tuning....

Snowdrop3.jpg

how bout like this, ive only cropped and done a bit of tuning....
Looks better.

When shooting flowers it's better to do it on cloudy or overcast days where you get nice diffused light to work with. That way you don't have to worry about strong shadows or harsh light.

thanks for that, hopefully it will be cloudy tomorrow so i can re try...and ive managed to get the tripod very low now!

I like the edit more... and agree that less direct light (overcast) might be helpful.

I love the edit. Though personally I'd leave a smidgen more space at the top of the flowers

Personally, I like shooting flowers during the golden hour(right after dawn, right before dusk) because I've noticed it really brings out the colors.

Most reactions

Back