Snowflake!

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
We got some good snow here in Indiana (finally) a couple weeks ago and these little guys were stuck on the glass of my kitchen door. :-D

IMG_6099_edited_RS.jpg

nice one matey!!
You should sell the top one to billy gates as an XP background! That one is choice, i love the blue. The second ain't bad either.

Wow!
I have not even SEEN a snowflake like that, ever. I know they're supposed to look like that, but...

...oh, how I now wish I could get closer to things! I can do x4 macro photos, but it's not nearly enough!!

Fantastic!
Really excellent capture.

Warning..ignorant nonsnowseeing aussie approaching....

Is that really real? Or is this April Fool's? :crazy:

great shot :D

the colors are amazing ... i like the way the snowflake is small compared to the bigger picture ... its like, u have to wonder around for a minute to find the "prize" :D .. interesting piece

Wow, thatnks for the great comments, everyone! :)

I was pretty pleased with how these shots came out, as well. I set my Canon 300D for the highest resolution, set up the tripod, put on the +7 closeup filter (stacked +1, +2, +4), and shot away. I used a cable release so that the camera wouldn't shake on the tripod. Then in PS I cropped waaaaay down, enhanced the contrast, and sharpened them up some.

wow
i had no idea!
thats amazing

im stunned that they really are that gorgeous. what fabulous photographs!

Wow again! Was just viewing the autumn pictures with my chin hanging on the ground. I must admit when I was sitting 3 inches from my screen peering at the first snowflake, I found myself holding my breath so I wouldn't disturb it! You do amazing work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back