Snowmobiles (sleds) on water

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by polymoog, Sep 3, 2008.

1. polymoog

polymoog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If there is no snow around, just tape over the air inlets, add a cannister and rope as a marker, and hit the lake ;-)

This event was held in Northern Sweden in July this year. Competitors have to get round the course without sinking ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't do any noise reduction here b/c too much detail was lost otherwise, hence the grainyness in some parts of the pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here the guy on the right is blurry b/c the guy on the left is overtaking him
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should maybe have zoomed out a little here but he came closer to me than expected (I was standing in the water for all but the first 5 shots)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Colours went a bit weird here (washed out), started having exposure and contrast issues towards the end ...
    [​IMG]

I don't think this is a good pic technically (exposure, contrast, lens flare) but I inlcuded it b/c I felt it has an "end of the evening" feel about it - or not?
    [​IMG]

Really annoyed that the sled is very slightly blurred in this, esp the skis, should have maybe had faster shutter speed, he was coming quite fast towards me ...
    [​IMG]

All CC welcome :)

Edit : all pics have been PS'd to adjust shadows/highlights and sharpness plus noise reduction in some cases

2. Call_me_Tom

Call_me_Tom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Very interesting pics as I've never seen anything like it here in SoCal; thanks.