Snowy Burro C&C

littlered03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd really like some critiques of some photos I took and edited of my burro, Bailey, out in the snow. She is very photogenic.

1)
4206869231_c3f3e0486c_b.jpg

I know this photo is not perfectly straight, but I did that on purpose. Does that make it look bad?

2)
4206857095_0da14374d4_b.jpg

3)
4207484018_e09b086f59_b.jpg

4)
4206840655_4b9cf6279f_b.jpg

I'd love any suggestions about the actual photography as well as any editing issues you may see. Thank you!

1 and 2 made me LOL. 3 made me throw up in my mouth a little. 4 Would be better with ears.

In 3 the focal point would have been better at the eye as it would have been a good reflective shot, but overall it's a was basically a wash considering that would bring out the eye muck that mad me want to :hurl: :D

Overall the composition and color balance is good. :thumbup:

1 and 2 made me LOL. 3 made me throw up in my mouth a little. 4 Would be better with ears.

In 3 the focal point would have been better at the eye as it would have been a good reflective shot, but overall it's a was basically a wash considering that would bring out the eye muck that mad me want to :hurl: :D

Overall the composition and color balance is good. :thumbup:

You didn't like the eye goop? :p For some reason I kind of liked it because it makes it look more "natural" but I can understand exactly what you're saying. I too noticed the focus wasn't quite on the eye either, so I'll try to do that better next time.

Thanks for the suggestions and critiques!

I would love more suggestions and critiques if anyone has time. :)

its good, i would say 1 is probably the most "artistic" shot you have out of the bunch in my opinion, and i like the angle, i would say thats a good shot.

the 2nd and 4th are a bit snapshotty to me.

and 3 is disgusting :p

What lens are you using? I like that you were able to get so close but be wide enough to capture a lot of your burro.

#1 Maybe take a few steps to the right and capture the eyes. Hard to tell if it would have added to the shot. If they were open nice and wide it could have been interesting.

#2 My favorite. Is the ear cut out from the shot or is it just because of a crop you made? Not much ear is missing but just a tad and is much more noticeable because the shot does a good job of capturing everything else on the body.

#3 Not really doing anything for me. The eye goop isn't very attractive, lol.

#4 The missing ears are bothering me more than the missing legs.

They came out well.

c.cloudwalker said:
Darn, I thought you said burrito! :lmao:
Also, this ^^^

I was expecting pictures of a ruined burrito in the snow. :lol:

These are really cute! Thanks for sharing.

What lens are you using? I like that you were able to get so close but be wide enough to capture a lot of your burro.

#1 Maybe take a few steps to the right and capture the eyes. Hard to tell if it would have added to the shot. If they were open nice and wide it could have been interesting.

#2 My favorite. Is the ear cut out from the shot or is it just because of a crop you made? Not much ear is missing but just a tad and is much more noticeable because the shot does a good job of capturing everything else on the body.

#3 Not really doing anything for me. The eye goop isn't very attractive, lol.

#4 The missing ears are bothering me more than the missing legs.

They came out well.

c.cloudwalker said:
Darn, I thought you said burrito! :lmao:
Also, this ^^^

I was expecting pictures of a ruined burrito in the snow. :lol:

I only have the 18-55mm kit lens that came with Nikon D5000.

I really wish I would've gotten that last tip of her ear on #2. It wasn't cropped,unfortunately.

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back