SO cal Fires

snownow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sierraphotography.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've not posted in a while, and I live in the middle of this mess. Any how, after packing up the wife and kids i stuck around to keep the house wet, and shoot a few photos. Some of these were picked up by CNN as well, so a little bright spot in all this gloom. More shots can be seen at
http://sierraphoto.biz/Events

My house

102207112_edited-1.jpg

as it came in
102207110_edited-1.jpg

more of the same but closer
31007062_edited-1.jpg

while it was ripping, and one of the shots CNN ran

211799102-Os.jpg

even distruction can have beauty.
211850025lgsm.jpg

Those are really nice shots. My favorite is of the two firemen looking off in the distance. That looks like one for the ages. You have captured beauty from devastation.

Thanks guys, We are all ok now the fire has moved in to the canyons and is ripping them up :(.. The smoke is the bad part now, the wind has died (a good thing), so it just raining ash now. Glad you liked the shots.

Love #4, very powerful.

Sad that you lived there, I know the air must be HORRIBLE! I live a good drive away and I still feel the effects.

Glad to hear you and your family is all okay. Must be pretty tragic.

The air is bad, I cant wait for the weather to change. The fire is still ripping as of today :(

Another note, my site hit 70,000 image views as of today, crazy.

But you are safe and your house is still standing. I soooo hope so!
And no wonder your site got so many hits, these photos are really GOOD ... I mean, they are FRIGHTFULLY good ... in all senses of the word! :shock: :pale: ... Fire has always been my childhood nightmare. Always!

This was the view from my house too. I live in Chula Vista, if you know where that is. It is located in San Diego county. I woke up to that exact seen in the third picture and a police man knocking on my door telling us to leave now. Luckily, we did not loose our home but so many others did.

wow ... glad you are ok and safe

Stunning!

Everyone effected by this horrible tragedy are in my prayers.

Some of these were picked up by CNN as well, so a little bright spot in all this gloom.

How did CNN get your photo? Did they give you credit?

This was the view from my house too. I live in Chula Vista, if you know where that is.

My stepson lives in Chula Vista. I thought that area was spared...

het het fire! fire! Het het het!
Beavis and Butthead anyone?

Great shots. It's great to see you working with the disaster/opportunity on a mental level and not just sitting there being miserable and depressed.

Most reactions

Back