So close

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture, and it seems like its just short of lacking that wow quality. I did a little editing, just wanted a critique and maybe some help if anyone has suggestions.

Original:
DSC04446-copy.jpg

Edit:
DSC04446eopt-copy.jpg

I think the edit is a step in the right direction. I would like it to be a little less shadowy. I like the light gleaming off the face of the guitars in your other thread...

Does the guitar seem a little soft to anyone else?

But I agree that you're SO CLOSE. Keep at it.

yeah its soft, the focus was center i think so the neck comes out. I coudl try sharpening that area a little bit.

I think with it being a r/h guitar, something feels unnatural about the angle leaning towards the left. Somehow it doesn't look like I could pick it up and play it, which is what I'd want to be doing (even if it is a Gibson ;)).

>;o))

If you use PS, use 'save as' to save your pix as jpgs. That will leave your exif data imbedded in the file.

The spot on the guitar strings is too bright, washing out all the color. The guitar is OOF and the background has some distracting wrinkles. You might look at http://www.cumpiano.com for some very well done guitar photos.

i think it is slightly too bright in the edit.. somewhere in between maybe
I've had a quick go.. i think this looks nice:
dsc04446copy2pf0.jpg

if you took it again maybe close the aperture down slightly, give more depth of field to keep the neck in focus..

yeah I was having trouble getting the whole thing in focus, shot a few with some smaller aperature but they didnt have the nice coloring i got with the widers for some reason. I can play with some lighting and readjust. This was just on a fly so i didnt iron the "backdrop" lol.

yeah I was having trouble getting the whole thing in focus, shot a few with some smaller aperature but they didnt have the nice coloring i got with the widers for some reason. I can play with some lighting and readjust. This was just on a fly so i didnt iron the "backdrop" lol.

Thats why i applyed a small amount of gausian blur to the background inorder to make the creases more subtle etc.. i think it adds a nice effect

I like the gaussian but then the whole image is very soft, im gonna do some reshooting.

Most reactions

Back